ASMC National Awards Program
The American Society of Military Comptrollers (ASMC) annually recognizes the outstanding accomplishments of its chapters, membership and the defense financial management community through its awards program. This program encompasses individual and team achievement awards, scholarships, professional development grants, an essay contest, chapter recognition, and a variety of other individual based awards.
- To submit a nomination, login to the left or set up a new account by clicking on the program name below. (this is not the same as your membership account)
- Once you have an account, you will be able to start an award nomination/application, save it as you compile information, and submit anytime before the deadline.
- Please read the rules of a program before continuing to the submission form.
- New to making a nomination? Read How to Write Winning Nominations
Achievement Awards - DEADLINE has been extended to February 8, 2024.
Achievement awards are presented annually to individuals and teams who have been nominated for outstanding accomplishment within one of the functional fields of comptrollership. Achievement award nominations deadline is January 31 annually.
View the 2024 Achievement Award rules HERE.
- Ernest J. Gregory Achievement Award (CFO/Comptroller)
- Accounting Achievement Award
- Acquisition / Cost Analysis Achievement Award
- Auditing Achievement Award
- Budgeting Achievement Award
- Contractor Support Achievement Award
- Intern/Trainee Achievement Award
- Finance Achievement Award
- Financial Systems/Digital Transformation Award
- Resource Management Achievement Award
- Small Team Achievement Award
- Large Team Achievement Award
- Team Achievement Award - Financial Systems/Digital Transformation Award
Scholarships & Grants
Each year, ASMC awards more than $35,000 in scholarships and grants to high school seniors, college students and ASMC chapters to provide financial assistance that they may accomplish their financial management related educational goals.
- High School Scholarships [Rules] Due March 31 Nominations must be made through an ASMC Chapter.
- Previous Winner Scholarships [Rules] Due March 31
- Chapter Professional Development Grants [Rules] Due May 1
Several awards are presented to ASMC members for achievements in areas such as leadership, recruitment, corporate engagement, and authorship.
- Chapter Leadership [Rules] Due April 10
- Corporate Member [Rules] Due April 10
- Essay Contest [Rules] February 28
- Author of the Quarter (chosen by Editorial Board from published submissions)
- Membership Recruitment and Growth (chosen based upon data from new membership applications)
There are a number of awards that recognize the many accomplishments of ASMC chapters. The chapter awards submission site is open through April 10, 2024.
- The Community Service Award was established to recognize all chapters that organize their members to volunteer for organizations or individuals within their communities. All chapters are eligible, must meet a minimum number of total service hours and are required to complete a summary log of service activities.
- The Chapter Communications Program recognizes eight chapters that regularly communicate their activities and the benefits of ASMC membership. To compete, chapters must publish a content rich newsletter, maintain a chapter website and provide external publicity to media outside the ASMC chapter. Awards are presented for different categories based on chapter size. To compete, chapters are required to complete the online form, to include uploading a sample newsletter and providing a link to a chapter website.
- The Five Star Chapter Program was established to set a standard for a well-rounded professional chapter which supports the mission of the society. To qualify, a local chapter must meet minimum points criteria in meetings, communication and administration - and submit materials on a quarterly basis through the online portal.
- Membership Growth Awards are presented to the chapters that obtain the highest absolute and percentage net growth during the competition year. All chapters are considered for these awards, based upon membership count in the national database. There is no submission requirement to be considered.
- The Neil R. Ginnetti Professional Development Award is presented to up to one chapter that has demonstrated outstanding and innovative contributions to the professional development of its chapter members and the training needs of the Command. The winning chapter program must have applicability to fellow ASMC chapters.
The annual Chapter Program reporting form encompasses all of the chapter award competition areas, including overall recognition. The online form with documentation must be submitted by April 10 through the link above. Please keep in mind that there are items due throughout the year in the administrative area.
Jennifer Sizemore, 703-549-0362, firstname.lastname@example.org