ASMC National Awards Program
The American Society of Military Comptrollers (ASMC) annually recognizes the outstanding accomplishments of its chapters, membership and the defense financial management community through its awards program. This program encompasses individual and team achievement awards, scholarships, educational grants, an essay contest, chapter recognition, and a variety of other individual based awards.
- To submit a nomination you must set up an account by clicking on the program name below. (If you are an ASMC member or chapter officer, this is not your membership account.)
- You will be able to start an award nomination/application, save it as you compile information, and submit anytime before the deadline.
- Please read the rules of a program before continuing to the submission form.
- Looking for the Chapter Award submission report ? click Submit Chapter Program Report
This website permits you to review the criteria for each award, learn how to write better nominations, submit nominations and complete the chapter program report. New to making a nomination? read How to Write Winning Awards.
Each year, ASMC awards more than $35,000 in scholarships and grants to high school seniors, college students and ASMC members to provide financial assistance that they may accomplish their financial management related educational goals.
- High School Scholarships [Rules]
- Previous Winner Scholarships [Rules]
- Members Continuing Education Grants [Rules]
Achievement awards are presented annually to individuals and teams who have been nominated for outstanding accomplishment within one of the functional fields of comptrollership. For sample screen shots of individual achievement award forms, please email email@example.com or Download .pdf here. For sample screen shots of team achievement award forms, download PDF here. Achievement award nominations are due January 31.
- Accounting Achievement Award [Rules]
- Acquisition / Cost Analysis Achievement Award [Rules]
- Auditing Achievement Award [Rules]
- Budgeting Achievement Award [Rules]
- Comptroller / Deputy Comptroller Achievement Award [Rules]
- Contractor Support Achievement Award [Rules]
- Intern/Trainee Achievement Award [Rules]
- Finance Achievement Award [Rules]
- Resource Management Achievement Award [Rules]
- Small Team Achievement Award [Rules]
- Large Team Achievement Award [Rules]
Several awards are presented to ASMC members for achievements in areas such as leadership, recruitment, corporate engagement, and authorship.
- Chapter Leadership [Rules] Due April 10
- Corporate Member [Rules] Due April 10
- Essay Contest [Rules] Due February 28
- Elsie Steffany Memorial Scholarship Award [Rules] Due January 31
- Editorial (chosen by Editorial Board from published submissions)
- Membership Recruitment (chosen based upon data from new membership applications)
There are a number of awards that recognize the many accomplishments of ASMC chapters. They are:
The Community Service Award was established to recognize all chapters that organize their members to volunteer for organizations or individuals within their communities. All chapters are eligible, must meet a minimum number of total service hours and are required to complete a summary log of service activities.
The Chapter Communications Program recognizes eight chapters that regularly communicate their activities and the benefits of ASMC membership. To compete, chapters must publish a content rich newsletter, maintain a chapter website and provide external publicity to media outside the ASMC chapter. Awards are presented for different categories based on chapter size. To compete, chapters are required to complete the online form, to include uploading a sample newsletter and providing a link to a chapter website.
The Five Star Chapter Program was established to set a standard for a well-rounded professional chapter which supports the mission of the society. To qualify, a local chapter must meet minimum points criteria in meetings, communication and administration - and submit materials on a quarterly basis through the online portal.
Membership Growth Awards are presented to the chapters that obtain the highest absolute and percentage net growth during the competition year. All chapters are considered for these awards, based upon membership count in the national database. There is no submission requirement to be considered.
The Neil R. Ginnetti Professional Development Award is presented to up to one chapter that has demonstrated outstanding and innovative contributions to the professional development of its chapter members and the training needs of the Command. The winning chapter program must have applicability to fellow ASMC chapters.
The annual Chapter Program reporting form encompasses all of the chapter award competition areas, including overall recognition. The online form with documentation must be submitted by April 10 through the link below. Please keep in mind that there are items due throughout the year in the administrative area.
Submit Chapter Program Report (open for 2018-2019 year)
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or the direct contact listed in each program rules link.